The unique feature of this residential school is that it is located in a typically rural environment in village Behrampur, district Gurgaon, Haryana, and has been set up with support from the local community and Union Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment. However, support from the Government is not being taken for last two years due to the reason that grants were not received in time.
This model school provides a programme of multifaceted educational activities.
- Free education to over 100 blind boys and girls from the preschool stage to class 8. Continuing interaction with the local community.
- Participation of its children with notable success in co-curricular activities in competition with students from regular schools.
- A touch and tell museum of stuffed birds, animals and tactile models for concept enrichment.
- A unique Resource Centre assembling together a wide range of adapted devices for Science, Mathematics and Geography prepared by teachers as also procured from local market as well as overseas.
- Training in Yoga, Judo and Calisthenics, Music, Dance and Dramatics.